Saturday, February 21, 2015

Works In Progess - My Little Angel. Naughty or Nice?

I love angels and had kicked around an idea how to incorporate one into one of my cottage pillows. So I sat down at the drawing board and started sketching. Did I want my angel in flight, with full flowing robes? That would be a bit busy to fit onto the central section of the pillow. Then I wondered if my angel was going to be a girl or boy.
I finally settled on a head and shoulders sketch with wings outstretched. And the short feathered curls could belong to a boy or girl, so my little angel turned out to be more unisex.



Then after transferring my sketch onto vintage white percale via a lightbox, I went to work embroidering my design.
After I was done, I sat back and studied the final project and had to admit...my angel looked just a tad naughty.
But I guess there's a bit of devil in us all.
Even angels!



Now I'm off to rummage through some vintage fabrics and lace to find the perfect border for my sweet little angel!